Saturday, January 9, 2010




January 4, 2010 was Zone Leadership Counsel; Goals were made for the year through the counsel. The following are some of the comments, highlights of testimonies that were given:

Elder Hoskins advice to an investigator, trying to quit smoking:
Every time you feel like smoking go do a good deed for someone --- Satan will learn not to tempt you!

Elder Doyle:
The times I am most successful are when I forget about anything that I need.

Elder Madsen
If we are unified in a goal, we can do it! The Lord has called us and will provide a way; I know it!

A missionary was mentioned (not by name) who hadn’t been talking to everyone, after he was taught how to do it, he remarked:
This feels so good; I don’t know why we weren’t doing this!

Along with acknowledging the Lord's approval by recognizing the spirit in our lives, we must also repent ---
Elder Kinikini prays every day, “Will you forgive me again!” And He does.

Elder Reece:
TEACHING A MEMBER BEFORE A LESSON is the best role play!

Elder Kinikini, asked this question, while we were recording them on DVD during role play:
What is your understanding of what the sacrament is --- from what we have taught you --- how would you explain it to someone?

IF the Savior was going to attend your lesson, how would you prepare? If you prepare as though HE was going to attend, HE will!

Elder Madsen:
We won’t count a role play unless we feel the spirit!

Elder Hawkins:
“I love to bear my testimony!”

Elder Doyle:
Quoted Pres. Uchtdorf as saying:
“God doesn’t need us to love Him, but oh how we need to love God!”
He changed it to:
“The Lord doesn’t need us to do HIS work, but oh how we need to do this work for God!”

Elder Johansson:
This is the most important work; the Lord is pleased and happy with what is happening!

Elder Vaughn:
Heavenly Father will help us out with what we need to do!

Elder Richards:
I know this church is true; I am grateful to be here

Elder Mangham
Grateful for the gospel with it’s universal message; we need to be BOLD enough. The Lord will back us up.

Elder Livingston
Stressed the importance of evaluation --- to return and report.

Elder Smith
I know what we have received today is of God. Everyone we talk to is a member of a family. The Lord will sustain us to work around work schedules.

Elder Bott
Growing up in the church, I took things by faith. You don’t know how good it is until you look at other things out there. I am grateful that my parents were brave enough to raise me in the gospel.

Elder Howell mentioned the great faith of the hispanic people. One of his investigators had received a blessing from an elder and told him: “I got a blessing from the elders some years ago and I haven’t been sick since.” He said, "The priesthood is real and restored through Joseph Smith. I am grateful the prophet hold the keys to that priesthood."

Elder Kinikini:
I am here because I love my family. Jesus Christ is our Savior. Book of Mormon was written by prophets. I felt love today; Christ lives; revelation is real.

Elder Reece:
Things have really come together today; let's go and do the things we have talked about. The mission will continue to raise; grateful for the Savior’s love.

Elder Emrich:
I am grateful that the cold weather is here! Going out is our testimony of Him! Joseph Smith translated Book of Mormon.

Elder Madsen:
Grateful for you elders, for who you are. Testimony has made you the people that you are. Grateful for your patience with me. This church is true. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God.

Elder Richmond:
The Lord is always watching us, just as we were filmed today, while we taught. I have an accountability to Him. I want to know that I gave my best effort.

Elder Hernandez:
I know that the Book of Mormon is true. President Monson speaks for the Lord; I love the calling of a missionary; I love to talk to someone that I don’t know and tell them that I KNOW the Savior is real.

Elder Wasden:
Grateful for the change the gospel brings.

Elder Birkel:
Confident in my testimony of the Savior. Even though I have my weaknesses, I can be strong in Him; I can have confidence that there will always be a prophet on the earth.

Elder Simpson:
With Jesus Christ nothing is impossible --- 40 baptisms a month is possible; 60 baptisms are possible. We bring something unique to each person.

Elder Keller:
This is the greatest work! A recent convert bore testimony yesterday. Her family came and antied her and it was really hard. This made her pray and fast for her family; her family came to church yesterday.

She helping another man get baptized! As we exercise faith, the work will go forth. The Savior lives and loves us. I have the desire to do anything I can for the missionaries in our zone.

Elder Spencer:
Sometimes I wonder “Why are we asked to do so much?” It’s because this church is ALIVE! You can feel the spirit here. The church is true and centered on bringing us HOME! There is power in the mix of each of you; church is true; Jesus Christ is the Savior!

Sister Ross:
Our Savior carries our burdens and the things that I have to change. If we can give the burden to the Savior, it helps us find joy in His work!

Sister McKinlay:
I am thankful for revelation! I know that it is real! Heavenly Father is mindful of me. Jesus Christ is always there; the Holy Ghost is a gift.

Sister Ostler:
I am grateful to be a part of the Lord’s work. It has blessed my life. The Holy Ghost helps us know what is true and right.

Elder Lemonds:
Heavenly Father answers my prayers. Everyone has that same power; I have such a strong faith, testimony; people who have not yet received it D & C 106:84. Everyone can have these blessings in their lives.

PRES. HOWELL
I sensed a real unity in this room today. We need to keep praying, work incessantly and pray for the Lord to do HIS work.

I have come to learn that the Lord is willing to give us things, if we are ready. BE ready when Elder Perry comes in February; he will give us more, if we are receptive and ready. We are all part of the body of Christ. Those parts of the body that seem to be feeble we invest more in; they are more necessary.

Our Heavenly Father wants every missionary to feel successful. We need to help make them feel part of the body. Upon these we bestow more “abundant honor, having given more abundant honor to that part” 1 Cor. 12. He referred to the washing of the feet and concluded by saying, " your testimonies have power; people feel it when you bear testimony. You know how to listen and be taught by the spirit."

2 comments:

  1. Love to read what Elder Madsen has to say. We sure do love that Elder. Seems to be a strong group there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE LOVES HIS PARENTS! We love your elder and what he says, too; we learn so much from him. It is a strong group! The mission is full of STRONG, inspired, directed missionaries! THANKS for your comment! SISTER HOWELL

    ReplyDelete